Authorities previously found a vendor page in February, which they said was “nearly identical” to the one on Kadar’s thumb drive.
On the vendor page, Kadar would allegedly charge $30 to email a bomb threat to any school and $90 for an “emailed bomb threat to a school district/multiple schools + framing someone for it.” However, the posting warned that there was “no guarantee that the police will question or arrest the framed person.”
“I just add the [person’s] name to the email. In addition in my experience of doing bomb threats putting someones name in the emailed threat will reduce the chance of the threat being successful,” the vendor page read. “But it’s up to you if you would like me to frame someone.”
While the vendor pages only sold threats by email, the warrant said police also found vendor pages that offered to call schools with bomb threats.
At least one customer posted a comment on Kadar’s vendor profile, according to the warrant.
“Amazing on time and on target. We got evacuated and got the day cut short,” the warrant quotes an anonymous user.
Police used the date and time stamp to trace the posting to a threat made to Rancho Cotate High School in California that caused the school to evacuate and release the students early.
There is no other indication of who may have used Kadar’s services to call in threats to JCCs. There is no mention of JCCs in either version of the vendor pages listed in the warrant.
Between January and March, Jewish establishments in the US received more than 70 bomb threats by phone and more than 50 threats by email. While none of those threats were ever realized, they caused schools to evacuate.
ProPublica’s tracker records as many as 146 bomb threats made against JCCs since January 1, 2017.
Kadar, a dual American-Israeli citizen, remains in custody in Israel pending trial.