WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says the Democratic Party is doomed and heading for extinction thanks to the selfish and short sighted actions of the party’s establishment elite.
In a lengthy article, shared by his Twitter account, Julian Assange argued that the party has been “consumed” by “hysteria about Russia,” something he called a “political dead end.” It is upon this “narrative” that the “party’s elite” attempts to hold onto power, selfishly alienating the grassroots of the party, and driving it to ruin.
Why the Democratic party is doomed: pic.twitter.com/D3nRzzqgzw
— Julian Assange (@JulianAssange) June 25, 2017
According to the man who played a pivotal role in the 2016 US presidential election:
The pathological Russian hacking obsession is verging on mental illness
1. The Democratic establishment has vortexed the party’s narrative energy into hysteria about Russia (a state with a lower GDP than South Korea). It is starkly obvious that were it not for this hysteria insurgent narratives of the type promoted by Bernie Sanders would rapidly dominate the party’s base and its relationship with the public. Without the “We didn’t lose, Russia won” narrative the party’s elite and those who exist under its patronage would be purged for being electorally incompetent and ideologically passe. The collapse of the Democratic vote over the last eight years is at every level, city, state, Congressional and presidential. It corresponds to the domination of Democratic decision making structures by a professional service class and to a shocking decline in the health and longevity of white males, whom together with their wives, daughters, mothers and sisters comprise 63% of the US population (2010 census). Democratic campaigns have conspicuously promoted racial and sexual identity politics (for everyone but whites and males). This delineated and alienated white and male identity grievance classes, pushing these majorities into the arms of GOP dog racial and sexual dog-whistling (53% of all men voted for Trump, 53% of white women and 63% of white men according to PEW Research). Unlike other industrialized countries US male real wages wages (all ethnic groups combined) not have not increased since 1973.
Despite the ongoing obsession, the Russian collusion narrative isn’t doing them any favors
2. The Trump-Russia collusion narrative is a political dead end. Despite vast resources, enormous incentives and a year of investigation, Democratic senators who have seen the classified intelligence at CIA HQ such as Senator Feinstein (as recently as March) are forced to admit that there is no evidence of collusion [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BS5amEq7Fc]. Without collusion, we are left with the Democratic establishment blaming the public for not liking the truth about what Hillary Clinton said to Goldman Sachs and blaming their own base for not liking what they said in their own emails about about fixing the DNC primaries.
Elite Democrats are playing a dangerous game that will be turned against them
3. The Democrat establishment needs the support of the security sector and media barons to push this diversionary conspiracy agenda, so they ingratiate themselves with these two classes leading to further perceptions that the Democrats act on behalf of an entrenched power elite. Eventually, Trump or Pence will ‘merge’ with the security state leaving Democrats in a vulnerable position having talked up two deeply unaccountable traditionally Republican-aligned organizations, in particular, the CIA and the FBI, who will be turned against them. Other than domestic diversion and geopolitical destabilization the primary result of the Russian narrative is increased influence and funding for the security sector which is primarily GOP owned or aligned.
Democrats are no longer the party of the working class, but the party of elite Democrats
4. The twin result is to place the primary self-interest concerns of most Americans, class competition, freedom from crime and ill health and the empowerment of their children, into the shadows and project the Democrats as close to the DC and media elites. This has further cemented Trump’s anti-establishment positioning and fettered attacks on Trump’s run away embrace of robber barons, dictators and gravitas free buffoon’s like the CIA’s Mike Pompeo.
Russian collusion narrative has left elites impotent on issues that matter
5. GOP/Trump has open goals everywhere: broken promises, inequality, economy, healthcare, militarization, Goldman Sachs, Saudi Arabia & cronyism, but the Democrat establishment can’t kick these goals since the Russian collusion narrative has consumed all its energy and it is entangled with many of the same groups behind Trump’s policies.
Democrat party grassroots must abandon elite and start new party
6. The Democratic base should move to start a new party since the party elite shows no signs that they will give up power. This can be done quickly and cheaply as a result of the internet and databases of peoples’ political preferences. This reality is proven in practice with the rapid construction of the Macron, Sanders and Trump campaigns from nothing. The existing Democratic party may well have negative reputational capital, stimulating a Macron-style clean slate approach. Regardless, in the face of such a threat, the Democratic establishment will either concede control or, as in the case of Macron, be eliminated by the new structure.